QC login problems

2007-01-10 03:34:36 AM
delphi1
Hello,
is it just me or does any other person here have login problems via the
web client right now? After entering my password and clicking on my
entries I always get back to the login page. The Delphi client works for
me tough, so my account must be okay.
Greetings
Markus

Re:QC login problems

"Markus.Humm" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i meddelandet news:45a3edf4$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Hello,

is it just me or does any other person here have login problems via the web client right now?
After entering my password and clicking on my entries I always get back to the login page. The
Delphi client works for me tough, so my account must be okay.

Greetings

No problems here
only email address and password entered.
I leave Login name blank
/ia

Re:QC login problems

is it just me or does any other person here have login problems via
the web client right now?
I'm not having any problems. Can you outline *exact* steps to reproduce
the problems you're seeing? I have also set the follow up to
borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral, where this discussion probably is
better placed.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re:QC login problems

David Clegg schrieb:
>is it just me or does any other person here have login problems via
>the web client right now?

I'm not having any problems. Can you outline *exact* steps to reproduce
the problems you're seeing? I have also set the follow up to
borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral, where this discussion probably is
better placed.

Hello,
I can reproduce it:
1. open www.codegear.com
2. go to communities/delphi/QC
3. click on login
4. type in your e-mail address and password (no username queried here)
5. click on login
6. get a red "login failed" message
Greetings
Markus

Re:QC login problems

Markus.Humm writes:
Hello,

I can reproduce it:

1. open www.codegear.com

2. go to communities/delphi/QC
Thanks. the login issues should be resolved
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com

Re:QC login problems

Thanks. the login issues should be resolved

I've been having the same problems - but can now log in. Unfortuantely if I
go to 'View your Reports'>'Reports You Have Submitted', I get 'There are
no reports in this query'. If I search QC normally on my name I get '13
Records found'
Two other minor issues:
1) If you attempt to login without a password you get an unhandled exception
2) I get a javascript error 'document.forms..scrollLeft' is null or not an
object (the two full stops within the actual error message) on every page

Re:QC login problems

"David Wilcockson" <dnwatlibriosdotcom>writes
>Thanks. the login issues should be resolved

I've been having the same problems - but can now log in. Unfortuantely if
I go to 'View your Reports'>'Reports You Have Submitted', I get 'There
are no reports in this query'. If I search QC normally on my name I get
'13 Records found'

Two other minor issues:

1) If you attempt to login without a password you get an unhandled
exception
2) I get a javascript error 'document.forms..scrollLeft' is null or not an
object (the two full stops within the actual error message) on every page

Try it with and without BDN login checked.
I get different report counts depending on
how I log in with the same ID.
--
HTH,
Brad.

Re:QC login problems

Brad White writes:
Try it with and without BDN login checked.
You can no longer login on the web without CDN login.
--

Markus.Humm schrieb:
Hello,

is it just me or does any other person here have login problems via the
web client right now? After entering my password and clicking on my
entries I always get back to the login page. The Delphi client works for
me tough, so my account must be okay.

Greetings

Markus
Huh, my post got lost somehow on its way. So again:
1. open www.codegear.com
2. go to QC
3. click on login
4. enter your e-mail address and password (there is no
username field there)
5. click on login
6. click on the small show my reports link
7. find yourself on the login page again or as I found today at work:
get rejected the first time already with something like "invalid
login" shown in red right to the e-mail address. but it is the correct
one!
Greetings
Markus

Re:QC login problems

Markus.Humm writes:
Huh, my post got lost somehow on its way. So again:
It didn't get lost, but got redirected to
borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral, where there have been a few replies
to it.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
cc.codegear.com/Author/72299
QualityCentral. The best way to bug CodeGear about bugs.
qc.codegear.com
"But Marge, what if we chose the wrong religion? Each week we just make
God madder and madder." - Homer Simpson

Re:QC login problems

Try it with and without BDN login checked.
I get different report counts depending on
how I log in with the same ID.

Thanks - this does the trick with the Windows client (with BDN ticked), but
not with the webclient.
David

Re:QC login problems

David Clegg schrieb:
Markus.Humm writes:

>Huh, my post got lost somehow on its way. So again:

It didn't get lost, but got redirected to
borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral, where there have been a few replies
to it.

Okay, since you posted a folow up. I just don't want to read another NG.
Too many already.
Is there any solution for my problem?
Greetings
Markus

Re:QC login problems

Markus.Humm writes:
Okay, since you posted a folow up. I just don't want to read another
NG. Too many already.
But borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral is the best place to post any
QualityCentral issues. The people that work on QualityCentral monitor
that newsgroup, so your problem has a much better chance of getting
resolved.
Is there any solution for my problem?
Are you using your CDN login? You can no longer login on the web
without CDN login.
Follow up set, once again, to borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral. Please
reply and follow the thread there.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
cc.codegear.com/Author/72299
QualityCentral. The best way to bug CodeGear about bugs.
qc.codegear.com
"Are you sure this is the Sci-Fi Convention? it is full of nerds!" -
Homer Simpson

Re:QC login problems

"Markus.Humm" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

is it just me or does any other person here have login problems via the
web client right now?
No - its not just you. I wasted half-an-hour on this going round in circles
just a couple of nights ago before giving up in disgust. On the page:
qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
It says 'Welcome, Chris Burrows' next to the search box but just above the
'Welcome to Quality Central' title it says:
Home | Quality Central Homepage | You are not logged in
grrr!
I decided not to waste any more time on this issue e.g. subscribe to
different newsgroups, get additional logins, jump through hoops or whatever.
If CodeGear are interested in me vounteering information to QC, etc to help
improve the quality of their software then they will need to minimise the
barriers which prevent me from doing so. I am only replying to this post to
advise you the problem is not isolated to you and to help others from
similarly wasting time. I have no more to say on the matter.

Re:QC login problems

[snip]

I decided not to waste any more time on this issue e.g. subscribe to
different newsgroups, get additional logins, jump through hoops or whatever.
If CodeGear are interested in me vounteering information to QC, etc to help
improve the quality of their software then they will need to minimise the
barriers which prevent me from doing so. I am only replying to this post to
advise you the problem is not isolated to you and to help others from
similarly wasting time. I have no more to say on the matter.

Thanks!
I share your view. Why did they change the policy without informing the
users on the website?
How to get a CDN login? Why should I subscribe to another NG just to get
that info which should be public knowledge?
Greetings
Markus