Re: My Suggestion : A New C# compiler for native code

2007-01-09 11:12:48 AM
delphi19
Andre Kaufmann writes:
What is lost ?

If the competitor uses the same code or logical structure one should
be happy because it will get one additional license fees for stealing
the code.
Huh????
There are automatic tools searching the Internet for pieces
of stolen (native!!) code, why do you think they exist ?
Because some guys at a garage have not fun. And your point is...?
If one cares about hackers - well he will do it anyways.
And nobody say the opossite... We are turning in circles. Go to bed.
Best regards.
--
Donald

Donald Shimoda writes:
Andre Kaufmann writes:

>What is lost ?
>
>If the competitor uses the same code or logical structure one should
>be happy because it will get one additional license fees for stealing
>the code.

Huh????
There are many examples of companies having been accused to have used
illegally open source code in closed source applications. Checking this
was fairly simple, by automatically comparing parts of the native
executable with special tools.
Doing this was afterwards quite expensive for the companies.
Same applies for someone stealing native code or business logic. Either
it's protected by patents or simply by a copyright. So if you have a
special algorithm in your native application - let's say a fast
decompressor - and your competitor is decompiling and using it in .NET,
he will be soon out of competition.
Not using .NET, because it is easier to be decompiled - generally -
doesn't make sense to me. If it would be such a problem no single
commercial Java application and .NET application would exist.
And nobody say the opossite... We are turning in circles. Go to bed.
Think this too. We should stop this discussion.
Best regards.
Too.
Andre

Re: My Suggestion : A New C# compiler for native code

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
[snip a lot]
Agreed?
Depends on your POW.
My reply was based on a 'public website' viewpoint, since I have done a lot
of QA for the danish government the last 6-7 years, so it is kind of a
reflex.
Of course, if you only want to target MS only users, i totally agree with
your points.
Everybody has his own opinions, but I will comment a little:
* What is Konqueror?
It is the default browser built into KDE. To me its far more superior to
everything else. One of the major features is seemlesly browsing the
web,files, ftp, smb, nfs, tar, tar.gz, zips, ISO images, loopback mounted
FS's and so on. On Windows I'd need a lot of different programs to do
this.
You writes:
I use Opera because it is picky
Well i use Konqueror for the very same reason. Specially because the KDE
team won't implement 'IE'- extensions.
And you writes:
The reason you see MS specific styles can only be that Konqueror tells
the server "Hey I am IE 5.5" or "Hey I am IE 6.0".
You are right, I am identifying as IE6/XP.
I need to do this, because otherwise i see a lot of theese sites 'we only
support IE,Netscape etc'.
Furthermore you writes:
I blow a long march in what a [to me]
totally unknown browser "Konqueror" thinks about it!
FYI, your site looks fine in Konqueror when changing ID to Netscape/MAC.
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen

Re: My Suggestion : A New C# compiler for native code

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
I use Opera because it is picky and I also use these:

jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator
ius.com

and this:
validator.w3.org/check
So do I, plus:
<webxact.watchfire.com/>
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen

Re: My Suggestion : A New C# compiler for native code

Stig Johansen writes:
Ingvar Nilsen writes:
[snip a lot]
>Agreed?

Depends on your POW.

My reply was based on a 'public website' viewpoint, since I have done
a lot of QA for the danish government the last 6-7 years, so it's
kind of a reflex.

Of course, if you only want to target MS only users, i totally agree
with your points.
I am a Windows developers and use Windows and write for Windows. I have
not made up my mind at all about the alternatives, whether they are
better or worse. The only factor that counts for me is that Windows is
so widely used that it is the place I most likely will be able to make
a living out of making software.
>The reason you see MS specific styles can only be that Konqueror
>tells the server "Hey I am IE 5.5" or "Hey I am IE 6.0".
You are right, I am identifying as IE6/XP.
I need to do this, because otherwise i see a lot of theese sites 'we
only support IE,Netscape etc'.
[..]
FYI, your site looks fine in Konqueror when changing ID to
Netscape/MAC.
And this explains everything. My site inserts IE specific code to make
IE 5.5 and IE 6 support transparent PNGs. This will of course not work
in Konqueror just because it identifies itself as IE. On the contrary,
it will not work at all, as you already have found out.
Let it identify itself as IE 7, and all should be fine! IE 7 supports
PNG alpha channels, so this special code is not inserted for User
Agents = IE 7 and above.
--
Ingvar Nilsen
Brand New Web Site! Free Delphi Tool:

Stig Johansen writes:
Ingvar Nilsen writes:
>I use Opera because it is picky and I also use these:
>
>jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator
>gvar ius.com
>
>and this:
>validator.w3.org/check

So do I, plus:
<webxact.watchfire.com/>
Thanks! I have added it to my tool-box.
However, they seem to think web sites are static.
This: "Browser Compatibility" has no point unless the application
iterates through all common browsers and their versions and identifies
itself as each and one of those to see what code my web application
returns.
And I doubt it does!
--

Eric Grange writes:
>- Is "Moonshine" the style for the topic header? No, that must be
>"butterfly". Now, but "butterfly" comes before "Elvis", so it must..
>You see? :)

Nope, this would again assume that whoever wants to "crack" your CSS
has CSS confused with springtime singing ;)
lol !
>Believe me, no one would bother "disassembling" my web page after it
>has been scrambled :)
Ouch <g>
If there is something very unique, very useful and very cross-browser
compatible, or maybe... "just because it is scrambled" ;)
Ok - good idea! The next version of my scrambler will replace existing
names with random values like "CompanyLogo", "RightInfoBox", "TopMenu",
"UserLogin" etc., when none of these exist in the original. That would
perhaps be even more confusing :)
--

Eric Grange writes:
>Lazarus Win64 bit is here!
>michael-ep3.physik.uni-halle.de/Lazarus/

Is there a working version somewhere?

Sure, in the Lazarus home page.
BTW, for the kind of your complains i can recomend you stay with
Delphi, Lazarus is not made for someone wanna all the stuff done.
--
Donald.

Re: My Suggestion : A New C# compiler for native code

"Donald Shimoda" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Eric Grange writes:

>>Lazarus Win64 bit is here!
>>michael-ep3.physik.uni-halle.de/Lazarus/
>
>Is there a working version somewhere?

Sure, in the Lazarus home page.

BTW, for the kind of your complains i can recomend you stay with
Delphi, Lazarus is not made for someone wanna all the stuff done.
Please tell me you are trying to be humorous...
Alan.

Alan Garny writes:
>BTW, for the kind of your complains i can recomend you stay with
>Delphi, Lazarus is not made for someone wanna all the stuff done.

Please tell me you are trying to be humorous...
I dont. Everybody complaining about a snapshot download dont work must
stay at commercial products.
--
Donald.

Re: My Suggestion : A New C# compiler for native code

Ok - good idea! The next version of my scrambler will replace existing
names with random values like "CompanyLogo", "RightInfoBox", "TopMenu",
"UserLogin" etc., when none of these exist in the original. That would
perhaps be even more confusing :)
...and it won't look scrambled, so people that want to unscramble "just
because it is scrambled" won't get their hacker conditional response
triggered. Steganography FTW! :)
Eric

Eric Grange writes:
...and it won't look scrambled, so people that want to unscramble
Unscrambling my website would reveal a pretty standard structure with
standard CSS, apart from being totally free from tables. Tables belong
to the nineties, still they are used for new web sites.
The main reason for scrambling it is to have an example of what my
publishing tool can do. Some existing commercial tools do scrambling of
HTML, so I think there is a market for it/ interest in it.
I have also written a Javascript scrambler, and I do have Javascript I
have written with many man-hours of work behind. (Not on my current
website)
--

Eric Grange writes:
>Ok - good idea! The next version of my scrambler will replace existing
>names with random values like "CompanyLogo", "RightInfoBox", "TopMenu",
>"UserLogin" etc., when none of these exist in the original. That would
>perhaps be even more confusing :)

...and it won't look scrambled, so people that want to unscramble "just
because it is scrambled" won't get their hacker conditional response
triggered. Steganography FTW! :)

You mean like Pavlov's dog with a keyboard? *g*
Maybe they will simply think he's completely nuts when they see a password edit called CompanyLogo? :-P

Donald Shimoda writes:
Alan Garny writes:

>>BTW, for the kind of your complains i can recomend you stay with
>>Delphi, Lazarus is not made for someone wanna all the stuff done.
>Please tell me you are trying to be humorous...

I dont. Everybody complaining about a snapshot download dont work must
stay at commercial products.

c'mon Donald. It was Eric's post you've replied to.
He did know it were only automated snapshots he was using *and* asked where to get binaries that where at least looked at by
one of the FPC guys.
At least that is what I read in his post... ;-)

Re: My Suggestion : A New C# compiler for native code

He did know it were only automated snapshots he was using *and* asked
where to get binaries that where at least looked at by one of the FPC guys.
Exactly. The Lazarus home page also announced that a 64bit branch was
being worked on in the CVS, though without giving any CVS tag name or
reference date, the compiled result was as much of a random build than a
nightly build, and was just as successful... ^_^
Since no working version was ever truly referred at, my only conclusion
so far is that it is still in a very early draft phase, and hasn't
reached the "working prototype" stage just yet.
Eric