Problems when debugging with Delphi 3 under win95 OSR2.1

I have just got a new SNI 233 MHz Pentium II with a Milennium AGP graphic
card, USB (unused) and Win95 OSR2.1 and 6.5GB HD formatted with FAT32
(Delphi and my programmes are on a FAT16 HD).

Now my PC frezes each time a try to debug a programme.

Does anyone knows about any incompatiliby between Delphi and my hardware?

Martin

Re:Problems when debugging with Delphi 3 under win95 OSR2.1

Martin Hansen wrote in message

<01bcdf7f$5b0ab400$87721...@martin-hansen.geus.dk>...

>I have just got a new SNI 233 MHz Pentium II with a Milennium AGP graphic
>card, USB (unused) and Win95 OSR2.1 and 6.5GB HD formatted with FAT32
>(Delphi and my programmes are on a FAT16 HD).

>Now my PC frezes each time a try to debug a programme.

>Does anyone knows about any incompatiliby between Delphi and my hardware?

>Martin

Not that I am aware of, with a machine of that caliber, you might want to
consider putting NT 4.0 on it instead of Win95.  It's a much more stable
development environment.  Set it up to dual boot with Win95 for testing
purposes after you've written your apps.

You will be able to access all of your 6.5Gig if you format it as NTFS but
then Win95 won't see it.  So what I did was make two partitions, one FAT16
and the other NTFS.  The FAT16 contains Win95 and NTFS contains my
development platform.  I can see both drives from NT but you won't be able
to see the NTFS drive from Win95 unless you get a third party application to
allow Win95 to read NTFS.

NT should run faster than Win95 on your hardware especially if you have lots
of memory.  NT rarely crashes...

Other Threads