Indenting block of text in editor possible?

Hello,

I need to add a _bunch_ of exception handling after the code has
already been completed.  Being able to indent a selected block of text
would make the process much less painful.  Does anyone have a clue as
to how this can be done in the Delphi IDE?

Thanks,

John

Re:Indenting block of text in editor possible?

John Anfuso (j...@interaccess.com) wrote:

: Hello,

: I need to add a _bunch_ of exception handling after the code has
: already been completed.  Being able to indent a selected block of text
: would make the process much less painful.  Does anyone have a clue as
: to how this can be done in the Delphi IDE?

: Thanks,

: John

In the same was as in TP from version 1.0: ctrl-k-i.

In article 1345...@nntp.interaccess.com, j...@interaccess.com (John Anfuso) writes:
>Hello,

>I need to add a _bunch_ of exception handling after the code has
>already been completed.  Being able to indent a selected block of text
>would make the process much less painful.  Does anyone have a clue as
>to how this can be done in the Delphi IDE?

With my editor setup

Indent is Cntrl KI
Unindent is Cntrl KU

HTH

Ray Cramer
R...@Pol.ac.uk

Re:Indenting block of text in editor possible?

In article <30be6375.1345...@nntp.interaccess.com>, j...@interaccess.com (John Anfuso) says:

>Hello,

>I need to add a _bunch_ of exception handling after the code has
>already been completed.  Being able to indent a selected block of text
>would make the process much less painful.  Does anyone have a clue as
>to how this can be done in the Delphi IDE?

>Thanks,

>John

That has been covered recently.
HIghlight text to indent.
control K I to indent
control K U to unindent.

I think that was it
andrew Gunner

Re:Indenting block of text in editor possible?

>I need to add a _bunch_ of exception handling after the code has
>already been completed.  Being able to indent a selected block of text
>would make the process much less painful.  Does anyone have a clue as
>to how this can be done in the Delphi IDE?

Depends a little which editor you have set up. In default,
select the lines you want to indent.
Sft-Ctrl I will indent
Sht-ctrl O will outdent.

Help editor shortcut keys for more.

Phil Scadden, Scadden Research, P.Scad...@gns.cri.nz
55 Buick St, Petone, Lower Hutt
New Zealand, Ph ++64 4 5687190, fax ++64 4 5695016

andr...@netspace.net.au (Andrew Gunner) wrote:
>In article <30be6375.1345...@nntp.interaccess.com>, j...@interaccess.com (John Anfuso) says:

>>Hello,

>>I need to add a _bunch_ of exception handling after the code has
>>already been completed.  Being able to indent a selected block of text
>>would make the process much less painful.  Does anyone have a clue as
>>to how this can be done in the Delphi IDE?

>>Thanks,

>>John
>That has been covered recently.
>HIghlight text to indent.
>control K I to indent
>control K U to unindent.

Oh, but if it could add tabs rather than spaces wouldn't that be nice.
This causes me to tabs each line individually.
-------------------------------------
Bill Florac
Electronic Theatre Controls
http://www.etcconnect.com
e-mail: fl...@etcconnect.com
-------------------------------------

Bill Florac (fl...@etcconnect.com) wrote:

: andr...@netspace.net.au (Andrew Gunner) wrote:
: >HIghlight text to indent.
: >control K I to indent
: >control K U to unindent.

: Oh, but if it could add tabs rather than spaces wouldn't that be nice.
: This causes me to tabs each line individually.

Just set the "block indent" value in Environment|Editor to however
many spaces you want each indent.

Or are you objecting to the use of multiple spaces instead of single
tab characters? Heavens! What a waste of disk space! I suppose one
could always compensate by using shorter variable names :-)

Clive Backham
McDonnell Information Systems, UK
email: cback...@uk.mdis.com

cl...@mx1.uk.mdis.com (Clive Backham) wrote:
>Bill Florac (fl...@etcconnect.com) wrote:
>: andr...@netspace.net.au (Andrew Gunner) wrote:
>: >HIghlight text to indent.
>: >control K I to indent
>: >control K U to unindent.
>: Oh, but if it could add tabs rather than spaces wouldn't that be nice.
>: This causes me to tabs each line individually.
>Just set the "block indent" value in Environment|Editor to however
>many spaces you want each indent.
>Or are you objecting to the use of multiple spaces instead of single
>tab characters? Heavens! What a waste of disk space! I suppose one
>could always compensate by using shorter variable names :-)

Yes, the multiple spaces is real anoying if the rest of your file is
tabbed.  I kind of breaks up the rhythm!
-------------------------------------
Bill Florac
Electronic Theatre Controls
http://www.etcconnect.com
e-mail: fl...@etcconnect.com
-------------------------------------

Re:Indenting block of text in editor possible?

cl...@mx1.uk.mdis.com (Clive Backham) wrote:
>Bill Florac (fl...@etcconnect.com) wrote:
>: andr...@netspace.net.au (Andrew Gunner) wrote:
>: >HIghlight text to indent.
>: >control K I to indent
>: >control K U to unindent.
>: Oh, but if it could add tabs rather than spaces wouldn't that be nice.
>: This causes me to tabs each line individually.
>Just set the "block indent" value in Environment|Editor to however
>many spaces you want each indent.
>Or are you objecting to the use of multiple spaces instead of single
>tab characters? Heavens! What a waste of disk space! I suppose one
>could always compensate by using shorter variable names :-)

Yes, the multiple spaces is real anoying if the rest of your file is
tabbed.  I kind of breaks up the rhythm!
Bill Florac
Electronic Theatre Controls
http://www.etcconnect.com
e-mail: fl...@etcconnect.com