Capturing RS232-info while com-port is open?!?!

Hello,

Curently I am developing some software for InfraRed hardware. This
hardware echoes bytes from RxD back to the TxD. This echo is not
wanted. I want to prevent this echo by software to capture/flush these
bytes from the input buffer. This must be done while the com-port is
used by another program. Can I manupulate the input buffer while the
com-port is open? Do you have some code?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,
Ad.

Re:Capturing RS232-info while com-port is open?!?!

You would have to write a COM device driver (which isn't possible with
Delphi, because Delphi doesn't support device driver linking).

"AvdL" <erik...@nospam.hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Hello,

> Curently I am developing some software for InfraRed hardware. This
> hardware echoes bytes from RxD back to the TxD. This echo is not
> wanted. I want to prevent this echo by software to capture/flush these
> bytes from the input buffer. This must be done while the com-port is
> used by another program. Can I manupulate the input buffer while the
> com-port is open? Do you have some code?
> Thanks in advance for your reply.

> Kind regards,
> Ad.

Other Threads