Graphic printing slowly - Again

Sorry to have to post this message again.
I posted this first on april the first, and saw soon afterwards that there
was respons to my question. But had no time at the moment to go in checking
the answer.
Today when I checked again, the answer had been removed, but the question
not.
This was my original message:

Hello

I am printing graphic to the printer:

Bit:=TBitmap.Create;
Bit.LoadFromFile('c:\SyklusProgram\Grafikk\Bilder\Logo.bmp');
Printer.BeginDoc;
xWidth:=round(Printer.PageWidth*0.7);
Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0,0,xWidth,xWidth),Bit);
Printer.EndDoc;
Bit.Free;

I have a problem with slow speed.
The printing process from the program to the printing queue is relatively
quick, but when I start printing from the queue, the progress is very slow
and the computer is almost totaly occupied with this task.
I am printing on a BJC-5100 using "EMF" data type.

The file "Logo.bmp" was originally 16 million colors and 8 Mbyte.
I made it 256 colors, which took size down to 3 Mbyte, and helped some to
pick up speed. But it is still not good and the graphic has lost some of its
quality.

Is there some solutition to this?

Yours Odin

Re:Graphic printing slowly - Again

Hi Odin,

> Today when I checked again, the answer had been removed, but the
question
> not.

Are you sure? I can still retrieve three answers to your message of April
1st.

Thrse

"Thrse Hanquet" <therese.hanq...@skynet.be> wrote in message news:3ad02556$1_1@dnews...
> Hi Odin,

> > Today when I checked again, the answer had been removed, but the
> question
> > not.

> Are you sure? I can still retrieve three answers to your message of April
> 1st.

You can also check the Google Groups archive.  I found the whole thread from April 1 here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=4b42b623da...
7

--
efg     e...@efg2.com     Earl F. Glynn, Overland Park, KS  USA

Mirror:  http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Default.htm

Re:Graphic printing slowly - Again

> Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0,0,xWidth,xWidth),Bit);

I cannot speak much for speed, but that call
will fail on a large number of printers. Our
website mentions some of the other solutions,
as well as our product TExcellentImagePrinter.
Our FAQ details some speed enhancing tricks
as well.

The URL is:

http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht

Joe
--
Charity auction item: Jimmy Page autographed tourbook:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1422263137

John Kaster is cycling to cure cancer! Lets help him out! http://homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/

Re:Graphic printing slowly - Again

Try to use TExcellentImagePrinter with output compression so the spool size
will be reduced and it will increase speed from queue to printer...
I had similar problem in the past and by this way I reduce by at least 4
time the time to print.

Armindo

Re:Graphic printing slowly - Again

Thank you

I found it on http://groups.google.com

Odin

> > Hi Odin,

> > > Today when I checked again, the answer had been removed, but the
> > question
> > > not.

> > Are you sure? I can still retrieve three answers to your message of
April
> > 1st.

> You can also check the Google Groups archive.  I found the whole thread
from April 1 here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=4b42b623da...
seekd=907449207#90744920
> 7