Internet Connection ... Interbase Connection

Hello,

I've not seen this before but ... a customer reported that after
disonnecting from a dial-up Internet connection, that our application also
disconnected from the database ... Well we tried it ... and they're right it
does disconnect ... why ? and more importantly how do we prevent such an
interaction ?

Thanks,

Andrew Jameson - SoftSpot Products Director
e-mail mailto:and...@softspotsoftware.com
web site http://www.softspotsoftware.com

Re:Internet Connection ... Interbase Connection

Andrew Jameson wrote:
> Hello,

> I've not seen this before but ... a customer reported that after
> disonnecting from a dial-up Internet connection, that our application
> also disconnected from the database ... Well we tried it ... and
> they're right it does disconnect ... why ? and more importantly how
> do we prevent such an interaction ?

> Thanks,

> Andrew Jameson - SoftSpot Products Director
> e-mail mailto:and...@softspotsoftware.com
> web site http://www.softspotsoftware.com

Probably it is connected with the change with routing tables when have or
does not have dial up.

See if connection sharing is enabled - if so - disable.
Try what can be done with static routes - see route from command prompt.

--
Bojidar Alexanrov
Kodar Ltd.

Andrew Jameson wrote:
> I've not seen this before but ... a customer reported that after
> disonnecting from a dial-up Internet connection, that our application
> also disconnected from the database ... Well we tried it ... and
> they're right it does disconnect ... why ? and more importantly how
> do we prevent such an interaction ?

        Probably Windows is killing everything TCP/IP related when the dial-up
goes away.  I'm not sure how to fix the problem; it's a Windows issue
and is over my head.

        -Craig

Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase Perf. Monitor : http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPerformanceMonitor