Size Mismatch - XXXXX size is too small am date

That error message can only be raised on VarChar and Char data types.  Here is
the only place in the code it can get raised

        if (fdDataType = SQL_VARYING) or (fdDataType = SQL_TEXT) then
        begin
          if fdDataLength <= Field.Size then
          begin
            Move(Data^, Buffer^, fdDataLength);
            PChar(Buffer)[fdDataLength] := #0;
          end
          else
            IBError(ibxeFieldSizeMismatch, [Field.FieldName]);
        end
        else
          Move(Data^, Buffer^, Field.DataSize);

Check the field size.  If this is a persisted field from an earlier version of
IBX and you did a big upgrade jump the sizes were not correctly set for TFields
in earlier versions.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

Re:Size Mismatch - XXXXX size is too small am date

That mistake is this one:

Size Mismatch - XXXXX size is too small am date

It occurs in several places, more when I have a "IBdataset.state = dsEdit"
it is made the method "cancel" occurs this mistake the field name (XXXXX)
belongs to the kind "integer not null"

Delphi 5.01 + InterBase 6.01 + IBX 4.52

Obs: the field size (field) this right with the database, there wasn't
alteration.

Other Threads