To QReport Or Not to QReport

I am going to be designing reports for my application.  The report
requirements are not complex.  For example, Crystal Reports would be a
overkill.

I have never worked with report design for a database.  I do own Quick
Reports Pro.  They seem to be having problems getting me my CD since
February 1999, and Delphi 5 didn't have a version 4 for Quick Reports, they
aren't an English speaking company apparently, etc.

Should I forget quick reports and use Ace Reporter, or that other third
party VCL spirit of delphi winner that's advertised?  Will I find the
learning time for quick reports would have been better spent with a better
and easier to use, better documented tool?

Thanks.

Re:To QReport Or Not to QReport

I have recently had the same conundrum and settled for Report Builder Pro 4
from Digital Metaphors. I admit that I struggled with the logic in Quick
Reports Pro 3 but I got good fast results from RB Pro 4. It is a pricey
product at $495 but I believe that the excellent documentation, newsgroup
support and very comprehensive product make up for this.

Edward Nickerson
edw...@technicks.com

Charles Wood <cfw...@thegrid.net> wrote in message

> I am going to be designing reports for my application.  The report
> requirements are not complex.  For example, Crystal Reports would be a
> overkill.

> I have never worked with report design for a database.  I do own Quick
> Reports Pro.  They seem to be having problems getting me my CD since
> February 1999, and Delphi 5 didn't have a version 4 for Quick Reports,
they
> aren't an English speaking company apparently, etc.

> Should I forget quick reports and use Ace Reporter, or that other third
> party VCL spirit of delphi winner that's advertised?  Will I find the
> learning time for quick reports would have been better spent with a better
> and easier to use, better documented tool?

> Thanks.

Re:To QReport Or Not to QReport

I agree, Report Builder is the way to go. I used Quick Reports for a couple
of years, and am kicking myself for not switching sooner. Great product,
great support, worth the price.

Ivan

Re:To QReport Or Not to QReport

Bought it today.  Looks real visual. Which, alas, is what I need.

cwood

Ivan Sine <i...@scanetics.com> wrote in message

> I agree, Report Builder is the way to go. I used Quick Reports for a
couple
> of years, and am kicking myself for not switching sooner. Great product,
> great support, worth the price.

> Ivan

Other Threads