Registry changes for BDE 32

Hi !

I use Inno Setup for bulding installation disks.
Since I would like to install a D3 program which uses Paradox engine, I
need to know what to change in registry so as to work my application
perfectly(Inno Setup is a scrip based program, it can modify registry
but I must tell it, what to modify).

Why don't I use InstallShield ? Because it's English.I like Inno Setup
'cause I can
translate all information, message etc. strings in my language.Just
think, how would
people react to an installation program that they cannot understand.

So if somebody would let me know, what to change in the registry for 32
bit BDE,
I would be very grateful.

Thank you

--
Zsolt Csillag
 StarSoft Bt.

Re:Registry changes for BDE 32

Zsolt Csillag wrote:

> Hi !

> I use Inno Setup for bulding installation disks.
> Since I would like to install a D3 program which uses Paradox engine, I
> need to know what to change in registry so as to work my application
> perfectly(Inno Setup is a scrip based program, it can modify registry
> but I must tell it, what to modify).

> Why don't I use InstallShield ? Because it's English.I like Inno Setup
> 'cause I can
> translate all information, message etc. strings in my language.Just
> think, how would
> people react to an installation program that they cannot understand.

> So if somebody would let me know, what to change in the registry for 32
> bit BDE,
> I would be very grateful.

> Thank you

> --
> Zsolt Csillag
>  StarSoft Bt.
>  Budapest, Hungary

I have a solution(if you like).Installshield has a resource dll named
'_rsres32.dll'.Using any
tool(like bc50) which can decompile resource from exe or dll, you can
change the english resource
into your language in these tools,then save the dll file. That's ok!
for example,open the '_rsres32.dll' in bc50, change every dialog
resource to your language, then
save it. Next time you run installshield, it works in your language!

Other Threads