D3: how to add an alias in ODBC at runtime

servas!

i'd like to add an alias for a MS-Access-database to ODBC (not BDE!)
from within a program. has anyone a piece of source?

ciao
  H.

Re:D3: how to add an alias in ODBC at runtime

In article <3489B622.B53C4...@fbch.tuwien.ac.at>,
"Heinz A. Krebs Dipl.-Ing." <hkr...@fbch.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

>servas!

>i'd like to add an alias for a MS-Access-database to ODBC (not BDE!)
>from within a program. has anyone a piece of source?

If you use ODBCExpress you could easily add a new DSN using the
TOEAdministrator component.

--
|| Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

Re:D3: how to add an alias in ODBC at runtime

If you mean adding ODBC DSN (Data Source Name) it's stored in
odbc.ini file (in Win 3.x) so TIniFile should be enough. However you
must know what items to add. I you do not, create DSN for MS-Access by
Control Panel \ ODBC and you will see...

Heinz A. Krebs Dipl.-Ing. wrote:

> servas!

> i'd like to add an alias for a MS-Access-database to ODBC (not BDE!)
> from within a program. has anyone a piece of source?

> ciao
>   H.

---------
Andrzej Sibik     mailto:asi...@silesia.pik-net.pl