Problem(s) with NT Workstation 4 / and PARADOX

Hy !

I'm using NT 4 Workstation as a little server on my PC.
I've create a directory D:\PCA names PCA$ shared for everyone.

3 PC under Windows 95 try to launch an application (create under Delphi
v3) using Paradox Tables. The tables are in D:\PCA.

The first person doesn't have any problem. The second one have this
message :
THE DIRECTORY IS CONTROLED BY ANOTHER FILE .NET.
DIRECTORY C:\
FILE N:\PDOXUSRS.LCK

The N: is a shortcut to D:\PCA on every windows 95 station and the Local
BDE Engine use the ALIAS named PCA pointing to N:\ which pointed to
D:\PCA on the NT PC.

How can I laucnh several applications to one directory on NT ?
Please E-mail directly...
Regards,

--
Eric Trioux
HelpDesk in Insurance (A.G.F.)

My web page : http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/9421/page1.htm
Mail To : tri...@agf.fr

Phone : +(33) 03.26.04.73.15
Fax : +(33) 03.26.47.86.72

Re:Problem(s) with NT Workstation 4 / and PARADOX

On Fri, 05 Sep 1997 16:57:25 +0200, Eric Trioux <tri...@agf.fr> wrote:
>The first person doesn't have any problem. The second one have this
>message :
>THE DIRECTORY IS CONTROLED BY ANOTHER FILE .NET.
>DIRECTORY C:\
>FILE N:\PDOXUSRS.LCK

>The N: is a shortcut to D:\PCA on every windows 95 station and the Local
>BDE Engine use the ALIAS named PCA pointing to N:\ which pointed to
>D:\PCA on the NT PC.

Not all of your users are pointing the the same PDOXUsers.Net file.
This is probably in the root directory on your server.  In your
startup code, you can set the NetDrv value in the TSession or
TDatabase object that's automatically created for you.  If you do it
in the code, all of your users will be mapped identically.

david sampson
david sampson

dsamp...@atlanta.com

Other Threads