ADDING MENU ITEM IN RIGHT CLICK POPUP MENU

how to add menu item in a popup menu which ie shown when I click on
any file - and how to execute some prog. when that item is choosen ?
Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net                     Pozega, Croatia
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm
                                  <father since 07.07.1998>

... and a happy new year !

Re:ADDING MENU ITEM IN RIGHT CLICK POPUP MENU

Arminio Grgic - GrGa schrieb in Nachricht <36b07319.7858...@news.tel.hr>...

>how to add menu item in a popup menu which ie shown when I click on
>any file - and how to execute some prog. when that item is choosen ?
>Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net                     Pozega, Croatia
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm
>                                  <father since 07.07.1998>

>... and a happy new year !

I don't know where the it is to add in the registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\...
and KKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes...) but you can use the explorer to
add a new action to a file type.
I'm sorry not to know the exact english terms of the menu items but it might
be something like:
Menu "View", "Folder Options", tab "Filetypes" where to look for the file
type you want to add a new popup menu item.
Then button "Edit"  and "New" where you can add a new name for the action
and the desired program to execute after selection.
The %1 parameter will send the file's (or folder's) name to the command line
of your program.

For example:
Action name: Move To Bin
Program name: c:\program files\Tools\MoveToBin.exe "%1"

As there is a bug in Win95 it's better to quote the "%1" for getting
transmitted spaces too.

Hth,
Matthias.

Other Threads