MS Word Embedding in Delphi Form

All-
  If anyone has any ideas or examples PLEASE help me!!!  I need to have an
embedded instance of Word in my Delphi form so that I can have full control
of Word at all times.  The catch is I need it to run from a specific .dot
file that is needed for this application.  After the user types the
information needed, I then need to take this document's body and insert it
into on ORACLE table, either as a LONG or BLOB field.  I not only need to
store into a database from Word but I also need to retrieve this data back
into Word if needed.  Again, any ideas or examples would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Re:MS Word Embedding in Delphi Form

<<Nicole Krueger:
I then need to take this document's body and insert it
into on ORACLE table, either as a LONG or BLOB field.

In that case a TOleContainer does seem the way to go - it
has LoadFromStream and SaveToStream methods.

Re:MS Word Embedding in Delphi Form

Can you explain to me how the LoadFromStream and SaveToStream work.  I have
messed around with then but can't quite get it down.  Also, how do you use
Word's functionality through the OLE Container, for example functions
similiar to

oleWordApp.Documents.Add(sTemplate,EmptyParam);

 oleWordApp.ActiveDocument.SaveAs(sPath,EmptyParam,EmptyParam,EmptyParam

,EmptyParam,EmptyParam,EmptyParam,EmptyParam
                                        ,EmptyParam,EmptyParam,EmptyParam)

oleWordApp.ActiveDocument.Content.Set_Text(sHeader);

The older version of the application I'm working on uses these function with
a TWordApplication component, but with the new version of this application
we need Word embedded.  Thanks again.

Nicole

"Deborah Pate (TeamB)" <d.p...@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in
message news:VA.00000a83.00a3492d@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk...

> <<Nicole Krueger:
> I then need to take this document's body and insert it
> into on ORACLE table, either as a LONG or BLOB field.

> In that case a TOleContainer does seem the way to go - it
> has LoadFromStream and SaveToStream methods.

> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

>   Use Borland servers; TeamB don't see posts via ISPs
>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Other Threads