ISC4.gdb

Hi,
I encountered a very wierd problem, when using a IB Database (600Mb - 60
users).  All of a sudden the database would not allow new connections.
Anyone working on the database was fine until they disconnected and then
they could not re-connect.

The error was  "Could not find password database."  after trying various
things we managed to access the ISC4.gdb and then validate and backup.  This
has corrected the problem.

My questions are
1. Has anyone else had this problem and
2. What could have caused the server to deny connections

Cheers

Sean

Re:ISC4.gdb

sean wood wrote:

> 1. Has anyone else had this problem and

        I haven't, but:

> 2. What could have caused the server to deny connections

        If ISC4.gdb is corrupt, then nobody will be able to connect.  A
validate plus backup and restore probably fixed this.

        Do you have forced writes off?  If so, turn them on.  Databases should
not be corrupt.

        HTH,

        -Craig

Re:ISC4.gdb

Craig Stuntz (TeamB) <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> schrieb in im
Newsbeitrag: 3AD63508.C171DB3@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com...

> sean wood wrote:

> > 1. Has anyone else had this problem and

> I haven't, but:

  We have had the same problem! We rebootet the server and then everything
was ok! I'd like to know the core of this problem, it's not nice if about 50
people can not work!

> > 2. What could have caused the server to deny connections

> If ISC4.gdb is corrupt, then nobody will be able to connect.  A
> validate plus backup and restore probably fixed this.

> Do you have forced writes off?  If so, turn them on.  Databases should
> not be corrupt.

> HTH,

> -Craig

> --
> Craig Stuntz (TeamB)       Senior Developer, Vertex Systems Corp.
> Delphi/InterBase weblog:   http://delphi.weblogs.com
> Use Borland servers; posts via others are not seen by TeamB.
> For more info, see http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Re:ISC4.gdb

"Tobias K?hnlein" wrote:

>   We have had the same problem! We rebootet the server and then everything
> was ok! I'd like to know the core of this problem, it's not nice if about 50
> people can not work!

        You haven't given enough information to solve the problem conclusively,
but one possibility is if you're using an isc4.gdb which was migrated
from v.5.6 and an older version of IB6 (which had some problems with ODS
9 DBs).

        HTH,

        -Craig