How to make a ComboBox automatically drop down the list

As Title.

Thanks.

Steven Cheng

Re:How to make a ComboBox automatically drop down the list

combobox1.DroppedDown:=true;

---
Vladimir Alexandrov
Sweden
ICQ# 86729605
<www.f1portal.net>
< F1REM - the best F1 manager game>

Re:How to make a ComboBox automatically drop down the list

FWIW, I've added an AutoDropDown property to TCombobox for D7 so upon
entering the combobox the list will automatically dropdown for you.

--
-Steve
Delphi/C++ Builder R&D

"Vladimir Alexandrov" <valexandrovNOS...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> combobox1.DroppedDown:=true;

> ---
> Vladimir Alexandrov
> Sweden
> ICQ# 86729605
> <www.f1portal.net>
> < F1REM - the best F1 manager game>

Re:How to make a ComboBox automatically drop down the list

Steve,

Any chance you'll add similar functionality to the TDateTimePicker?  I
posted a message regarding the apparent inability to force it to drop down
since the DroppedDown property is read only.

Cheers,

Chris

"Steve Trefethen (Borland)" <strefet...@non.spam.junk.borland.com> wrote in
message news:3cda8f05$1_2@dnews...

> FWIW, I've added an AutoDropDown property to TCombobox for D7 so upon
> entering the combobox the list will automatically dropdown for you.

> --
> -Steve
> Delphi/C++ Builder R&D
> Borland Software Corporation
> Please, no private email, unless specifically invited in this message,
thank
> you.
> Don't miss the 13th Annual Borland? Conference, May 18-22 in Anaheim,
> California
> http://www.borland.com/conf2002
> http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp
> Have you tried searching http://groups.google.com first?

Re:How to make a ComboBox automatically drop down the list

Hi Chris,

> Any chance you'll add similar functionality to the TDateTimePicker?

I haven't looked at that particular control but certainly feel free to log
it in QualityCentral.  Makes me wonder if programmatic dropdown is even
supported on that control?

--
-Steve
Delphi/C++ Builder R&D
Borland Software Corporation
Please, no private email, unless specifically invited in this message, thank
you.
http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp
Save time search http://groups.google.com first.

Re:How to make a ComboBox automatically drop down the list

Maby sending ALT+(ARROW)DOWN should do the trick using PostMessage?
(when the control has focus).

kind regards,

Peter van Wijhe

"Steve Trefethen (Borland)" <strefet...@non.spam.junk.borland.com> schreef
in bericht news:3ce430fa$1_1@dnews...

In article <3ce430fa$1_1@dnews>, Steve Trefethen (Borland) wrote:
> Makes me wonder if programmatic dropdown is even
> supported on that control?

Nope. One has to fake an Alt-Down arrow keypress to get it to open.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :

Other Threads