Choose from list of text but show as numbers when inputted (Explained)

  Hello All;
Well, done scared away half of the people already just with the title.

  I am currently working on a Web Browser program, that will allow the user
to fill out a form
that is included in the project, and then visit the particular web page, and
set the information to the form on the page.
 Now this is the problem that I am having with the code that I am using;

---Example---
I am using the following code to setform to webpage.

///button1click
  MainForm.FillForm(MainForm.WebBrowser1,'email',edEmail.Text);
//this one works great, because it only uses a TEdit.
// Now with using the same code, I try to setform with a TComboBox, and
/ it will not setform for the ComboBox on  the webpage.??

So I have tried this code
MainForm.WebBrowser.OleObject.Document.Forms.item(0).Q1.item(2).selected :=
true;
//this will pick the 3rd on in the ComboBox. What I need is a way to take
the information that I have in the
TComboBox.Strings in the Object Inspector and have it to where when you
choose a value (Text Value)
it will set in where the (0) is here, the oppropriate number that belongs to
the particular text string.
Something like this

----
procedure TInputForm.edHearAboutChange(Sender: TObject);
begin
 edHearAbout.ItemIndex :=
StrToInt(edHearAbout.Items[edHearAbout.itemindex])*1;
end;
----
But with this code, above it is used for an integer, and when run, it says
that the text string that I have chosen is not a valid integer???

   I hope that this is explained good enough,

Anyone help please.

Wayne

--
Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
Delphi 6 Pro SP2 | Win2k SP2|

Re:Choose from list of text but show as numbers when inputted (Explained)

  Found this one.

Take Care

Wayne

Other Threads