DAO 3.0 and DAO 3.5 and Access97

I have both Access 95 and Access97, but Access 95 has never been loaded
on the computer I use now.  Can I copy DAO 3.0 from Access 95 to the
same directory as DAO 3.5 and thus allow the connection to Access97 from
Delphi 3.0?
Thanks, David

Re:DAO 3.0 and DAO 3.5 and Access97

David,

I don't think that DAO 3.0 will work with Access 97, since the object
models of Access 95 and 97 are different.

Bob Teskey

> I have both Access 95 and Access97, but Access 95 has never been loaded
> on the computer I use now.  Can I copy DAO 3.0 from Access 95 to the
> same directory as DAO 3.5 and thus allow the connection to Access97 from
> Delphi 3.0?

Re:DAO 3.0 and DAO 3.5 and Access97

It's not that simple, because the installation of DAO 3.0 also creates
registry entries. But if you install it correctly, yes, it will work. I
suppose it's possible that you could run the Access 95 installation and only
tell it to install the DAO objects.

David Pate wrote:

> I have both Access 95 and Access97, but Access 95 has never been loaded
> on the computer I use now.  Can I copy DAO 3.0 from Access 95 to the
> same directory as DAO 3.5 and thus allow the connection to Access97 from
> Delphi 3.0?
> Thanks, David

| Juan E. Jimenez, San Juan, Puerto Rico, jjime...@caribe.net        |
| Building Bede Aircraft BD-5B Pocket Rocket, Serial #2544           |
| Visit Juan's BD-5 Home Page at http://netdial.caribe.net/~jjimenez |