Image on Quick Report

I place an QRImage on a Quick Report but cannot see it on Preview.

Re:Image on Quick Report

Do you have any printable bands?  You need a printable band on your report
for it to show up.

 -Dave

"Alan" <alanpl...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:3b285aa2_2@dnews...
> I place an QRImage on a Quick Report but cannot see it on Preview.

Re:Image on Quick Report

There can be problems with images if the colour depth is too great. Try
reducing the colours and see if it works then

Regards

Rick

"Alan" <alanpl...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:3b285aa2_2@dnews...
> I place an QRImage on a Quick Report but cannot see it on Preview.

Re:Image on Quick Report

I want to put the image onto the Title Band, how to make it as printable ?

"Rick Clark" <rcl...@NOSPAMrequis.com> wrote in message

> There can be problems with images if the colour depth is too great. Try
> reducing the colours and see if it works then

> Regards

> Rick
> "Alan" <alanpl...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:3b285aa2_2@dnews...
> > I place an QRImage on a Quick Report but cannot see it on Preview.

Re:Image on Quick Report

I can now put an image on the title band make it visible on preview.
But it does not show up in the hard copy.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:57:12 +1000, "Alan" <alanpl...@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>I can now put an image on the title band make it visible on preview.
>But it does not show up in the hard copy.

As Rick said, you may need to reduce the colour depth.   Try
converting the image to an 256 colour bitmap.   There is a problem
with the Windows StretchDraw function when used with images of greater
than 256 colours.

See:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Printing/Default.htm

and the various links from that page.

regards
Colin Acheson

Re:Image on Quick Report

The icon I placed on the Quick Report was the one comes with Delphi, in the:
c:/programe files/common files/borland shared/images/icon
I don't know the color depth of this icon.

If I use other like :
c:/programe files/common files/borland shared/images/splash
no matter in the 16color or 256color, it cannot be shown on the Quick Report
Preview.

"Colin Acheson" <nomail.please> wrote in message

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:57:12 +1000, "Alan" <alanpl...@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:

> >I can now put an image on the title band make it visible on preview.
> >But it does not show up in the hard copy.

> As Rick said, you may need to reduce the colour depth.   Try
> converting the image to an 256 colour bitmap.   There is a problem
> with the Windows StretchDraw function when used with images of greater
> than 256 colours.

> See:
> http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Printing/Default.htm

> and the various links from that page.

> regards
> Colin Acheson

Re:Image on Quick Report

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:33:31 +1000, "Alan" <alanpl...@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>The icon I placed on the Quick Report was the one comes with Delphi, in the:
>c:/programe files/common files/borland shared/images/icon
>I don't know the color depth of this icon.

Some are 16 Colour and some are 256 colour, so there shouldn't be a
problem.   However, notice that some are icons and some are bitmaps.

Icons don't stretch, so they'd be fairly small.

>If I use other like :
>c:/programe files/common files/borland shared/images/splash
>no matter in the 16color or 256color, it cannot be shown on the Quick Report
>Preview.

If you are just testing it out, it may be because your report has no
data.   I tested with the icons, bitmaps and the splash screen bitmaps
that you mentioned and they didn't show up until I set the
PrintIfEmpty property of the report to True.   Then each of them
worked.

regards
Colin Acheson

Other Threads