pascal to java converter

Hi,
I'm trying to develop a Pascal to Java converter.
Any suggestions about books,sites...on code-parsing algorithms would be
appreciated.

   Best regards.
  (Thanks for advice ,KlausL :)))

Re:pascal to java converter

mukt1000 wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to develop a Pascal to Java converter.
> Any suggestions about books,sites...on code-parsing algorithms would be
> appreciated.

>    Best regards.
>   (Thanks for advice ,KlausL :)))

I suggest:
http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/msdos/turbopas-pre.html

Look for tply30a1.zip and tply30a2.zip, which, taken
together contain the sources for Turbo Pascal Lex and Yacc
work-alikes.  Then all you need is a grammar for Pascal,
which is mostly there in the package anyway, and your
parser is almost done.

Generating the Java output is a separate problem.

Regards,
Al Moore

BTW, I believe there is a later version of TPLex and TPYacc,
but I'm not sure where to find them, just off hand.

AM

Other Threads