Insert record w/SQL Server identity field

I'm using a TQuery component (live result set) to access a table on
MS-SQL Server. The primary key for the table is an identity
(auto-incrementing) column. When my Delphi app attempts to insert a
record into the table (i.e. QueryMyQuery.InsertRecord), I get a
"record/key deleted" error. If I exit the app and re-enter, the record
does appear to get posted to the server, however. I've read Borland's
TI2955 - "Working with auto-increment field types", which says to use a
separate TQuery component to insert the record, then refresh the
dataset. But according to the Delphi on-line help, the refresh method
for TQuerys only works for local dBase/Paradox tables. How can I avoid
the error message and refresh my dataset to show the new record? I'm
using Delphi 2.0, BDE 3.5 and SQL Server 6.5 via ODBC client drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
   Matt Zuhlke
   m...@medicine.wisc.edu