Using Delphi to access an Access database

Can anyone tell me where I might find general information about how to
go about using Delphi (as opposed to VBA) for this?

--
Adrian Smith

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Using Delphi to access an Access database

There are several ways to access a MS Access database: DAO, ODBC and ADO.

Using ODBC is possible with all versions of Delphi that include database
support (it is very stable, but rather slow)..
DAO is supported as an integrated BDE MSACCESS driver in Delphi 3.01 and up
(DAO 3.6 for MS Access 2000 is NOT supported). Microsoft advises to use ADO
instead of DAO.
You can use ADO with ADOExpress included in Delphi 5 Enterprise (and in
Delphi 5 Professional for an additional fee).
If you don't want to use the BDE (or if your Delphi version doesn't support
the access method you plan to use) you can use a third-party BDE
replacement. For a (almost complete) list look at
http://www.kylecordes.com/bag/index.html.

If you want a general introduction in how to use databases in Delphi I
suggest the manuals that came with your Delphi package or a tutorial on
http://delphi.about.com/compute/delphi/cs/beginners/index.htm.

"Adrian Smith" <adrian_p_sm...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

> Can anyone tell me where I might find general information about how to
> go about using Delphi (as opposed to VBA) for this?

> --
> Adrian Smith

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.