help on porting application to dll

Anyone who can help,

I've developed an application in delphi, which uses local dbase tables
to extract information and calculate prices.

I'm trying to port the engine of this application to a ISAPI  DLL
which is supposed to be run on a NT-WebServer. A java-applet supplies
a URL to the DLL which in return provides the applet with a result
HTML-page.

In the engine I use TQuery, TTables and TDatasource components to
extract the info from tables. I can't however seem to use these
component inside this DLL. Is this because these are visual components
who need a parent or is there another problem which I am overlooking.

Any information which could help me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Frank de Pooter
dePoo...@bortiboll.com

Re:help on porting application to dll

Frank wrote in message <34ec0fb7.93788...@news.euronet.nl>...
>Anyone who can help,
>In the engine I use TQuery, TTables and TDatasource components to
>extract the info from tables. I can't however seem to use these
>component inside this DLL. Is this because these are visual components
>who need a parent or is there another problem which I am overlooking.

You might need a TSession also.

        -- Kirk

Re:help on porting application to dll

Thanks for the help,

I added the session component and now I can compile the code without
warnings and errors, but it still doesn't work as it supposed to.

I use a ISAPI DLL to generate response HTML to a users request.

This seems to work quite well.

I added the following lines to  build the structure to access dbase
tables on a webserver

var
    mytable: TTable;
    mysource: TDataSource;
    mysession: TSession;
    SesList: TSessionList;

begin

    SesList := TSessionList.Create;
    mysession := SesList.OpenSession('mijnSessies' +
                          IntToStr(SesList.Count + 1));
    mytable := TTable.Create(mysession);
    mysource := TDataSource.Create(mysession);
    mytable.databasename := 'c:\inetpub\frankscript\data';
    mytable.SessionName := mysession.SessionName;
    mytable.TableName := 'IKPBVLVR.DBF';
    mysource.dataset := mytable;
    mytable.Active := TRUE;
    AantalRecords := mytable.RecordCount;

------- other response text

end;

when I try to call this DLL I get the responsemessage "Document
Contains No Data'

On the Webserver Filemaker Pro databaseserver is running. Do I need to
install and configure the Local Interbase Server or some BDE (I' m
quite new on these kind of applications)

Another question about this application: The DLL is supposed to handle
multiple accesses at the same time. (multitier?). I read somewhere in
the documentation that this is only possible in one version of
Delphi3. I'm using Delphi3 professional (medium version).

Any information or examples regarding these kind of applications would
be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Frank

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:30:28 -0500, "kroma" <kr...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>Frank wrote in message <34ec0fb7.93788...@news.euronet.nl>...
>>Anyone who can help,

>>In the engine I use TQuery, TTables and TDatasource components to
>>extract the info from tables. I can't however seem to use these
>>component inside this DLL. Is this because these are visual components
>>who need a parent or is there another problem which I am overlooking.

>You might need a TSession also.

>        -- Kirk

Other Threads