D1 - Help - "GPF in COMPOBJ.DLL"

I have no experience with crystal reports and ODBC, but to me your
problem sounds like an initialization problem. Maybe you need to
initialize something and Delphi does the inititialization for you. That
would explain your phenomena. Even if so, you still have to find the
relevant component of your program.

Just to test : Do you have a test application (a very simple app) which
does the same thing you'd like to do (printing a report with crystal
report via ODBC). Maybe a demo app from Crystal Reports ? If you have,
try this one outside Delphi and without Delphi being loaded.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Rudi