Record Highlight

Could someone please point me in the right direction with this problem.
I am working on a project for work that tracks orders through our production
process.
A full listing of all current live orders is displayed in a table grid for
the user to view.
What I would like is for the record to be highlighted (different colour font
for example) if the order due date has been exceeded.
Many thanks in anticipation of a reply.

Ron.

Re:Record Highlight

use the OnDrawColumnCell of the TDBGrid.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Ivar Snaaijer
_______________________________
Iris Huisstijlautomatisering BV
P.O.Box 355
2950AJ  Alblasserdam
The Netherlands

Tel: +31 78 699 29 00
Fax: +31 78 699 09 81
http://www.iris-hsa.nl
mailto:I.Snaai...@iris-hsa.nl
"ronald.koch" <ronald.k...@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht

> Could someone please point me in the right direction with this problem.
> I am working on a project for work that tracks orders through our
production
> process.
> A full listing of all current live orders is displayed in a table grid for
> the user to view.
> What I would like is for the record to be highlighted (different colour
font
> for example) if the order due date has been exceeded.
> Many thanks in anticipation of a reply.

> Ron.

Re:Record Highlight

Ivar Snaaijer (i...@snaaijer.nl) wrote:

: use the OnDrawColumnCell of the TDBGrid.

: > What I would like is for the record to be highlighted (different colour
: font
: > for example) if the order due date has been exceeded.

What Ivar said.  If you need details and examples, the information
is in many Delphi books and at many Delphi websites; just search on
"dbGrid" and "owner draw."

Some third-party grids make this even easier and offer even more options.
One such grid is included in the freeware rxLib component set, which
comes with source code.  http://www.rxlib.com/
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu