Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

Are you sure, that also in your windows/system directory there're no more
indyXX.bpl files? I had the same problem with installing 8.1 ... after
deleting these bpl files in winsys-dir and $(DELPHI)\Projects\Bpl it
compiles without any error (first compile indyX0.dpk then install
dclindyX0.dpk).

Helge.

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

I'm having problems installing Indy 8.1 in Delphi 5 under a Win98 system. I
keep getting the following error message:

"Can't load package c:\program
files\borland\delphi5\Projects\Bpl\dclIndy50.bpl. One of the DLL-files, that
is needed to run this program, was not found."

I have made sure that all referencies from prior Indy installations was
completly removed, all paths were gone, registry, etc. was cleaned up, but I
still get this error. Why is this?

I have no problem installing Indy 8.0.23, only 8.1.

Best regards
S?ren Tauber Lassen

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

I had a lot of problems with this too, but finally got it.  Make sure you
delete
everything  by doing a search (F3 in Explorer) for *indy*.*   There are a
lot of files lurking in places you would least suspect.   Installing into
Delphi 5 on a Windows 98 system:

1) Downlad and execute IndyDTest.exe.  That should create the C:\Indy
directory along with all the source files.
2) With notepad or other, change SetEnv.bat (in the Indy\Source directory)
to read SET NDWINSYS=C:\WINDOWS\System.
3) Run Fulld5.bat
4) From the the IDE, install dclIndy50.bpl, located in the Indy\D5
directory.
5) Add the Indy\D5 directory to the Library path and voila.

Samuel Longiaru

"S?ren Tauber Lassen" wrote:
> I'm having problems installing Indy 8.1 in Delphi 5 under a Win98 system. I
> keep getting the following error message:

> "Can't load package c:\program
> files\borland\delphi5\Projects\Bpl\dclIndy50.bpl. One of the DLL-files, that
> is needed to run this program, was not found."

> I have made sure that all referencies from prior Indy installations was
> completly removed, all paths were gone, registry, etc. was cleaned up, but I
> still get this error. Why is this?

> I have no problem installing Indy 8.0.23, only 8.1.

> Best regards
> S?ren Tauber Lassen

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

> 1) Downlad and execute IndyDTest.exe.  That should create the C:\Indy
> directory along with all the source files.

As I know, IndyDTest.exe is the file downloadable at the webpage - but it
isn't a really current version. You better get the files from the ftp-server
and then build everything yourself (only 2 files to double-click)...

Helge.

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

> 3) Run Fulld5.bat

I didn't do this. I will try this one out. Other than that, I did and tried
the rest of what you suggest.

/S?ren

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

> Are you sure, that also in your windows/system directory there're no more
> indyXX.bpl files?

Absolutely sure. I'm aware of files there, so I made sure they were deleted
as well. I made a search for indy related files on my HD, and deleted what I
found.

/S?ren

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

> As I know, IndyDTest.exe is the file downloadable at the webpage - but it
> isn't a really current version. You better get the files from the
ftp-server
> and then build everything yourself (only 2 files to double-click)...

Right. I'll try and get the FTP-version.

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

> As I know, IndyDTest.exe is the file downloadable at the webpage - but it
> isn't a really current version. You better get the files from the ftp-server
> and then build everything yourself (only 2 files to double-click)...

> Helge.

Helge,

Sorry for the bad advice regarding IndyDTest.exe.  I didn't realize that was the
case. I took a look at the ftp site at ftp://indy81:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com/ but
see a gazillion files.  What two files are you referring to, or which
directories should I download?  I'd like to keep my 8.1 current.

Thanks

Samuel Longiaru

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

You download all files in the root directory (about 2 MB) into a directory
(for example "c:\indy\source"). First you open indy50.dpk (if you use Delphi
5) by double-clicking it and compile the package. If that was successful,
you open dclindy50.dpk (e.g. if you use Delphi 6 you take dclindy60.dpk) and
install it. The first package has to be compiled and the second one has to
be installed.

I hope, that helped you further,

Helge.

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

Quite irritating. It seems I will have to wait for some kind of installer.
For some reason Indy 8.1, newest version from FTP, won't install on my
system. It keeps complaining about some DLL file.

/S?ren

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

Hmm... Just ignore the prior message. I managed to install it anyway. The
difference this time was, I removed any paths from the packages options.
What I want'ed was to have the DCU, etc., files placed in an other folder,
and that caused the error, for some reason. Anyway, I succeded.

/S?ren

Re:Problem installing Indy 8.1 in D5

> First you open indy50.dpk... and compile the package. If that was successful,
> you open dclindy50.dpk and install it.

Helge,

I downloaded all the files as you suggested, but had trouble as the installation
of dclindy50.dpk {*word*88}d... could not find file.   So I ran fulld5.bat.  Then
installed the resulting dclIndy50.bpl.  Back up and running now.

Thanks,

Sam

Other Threads