SQL 6.5 MDAC 2.5 Stored Proc problem

I'm using ADOExpress to access an MSSQL 6.5 database, and get the error
"Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation" when I
attempt to drop down the list of stored procedures in either a
TADOStoredProc or a TADODataSet at design time.

If I use a TADOQuery (or set the command type of the TADODataSet to Text) to
call the stored proc, everything works fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this?

Kiril Dunn

Re:SQL 6.5 MDAC 2.5 Stored Proc problem

Hi,

I also get the same error. Using the ODBC provider, solves the problem. But
it kind of defies the purpose of using ADO...

When you are done developing, change the provider back to Native SQL - it
should still work then.

Regards,
Dawid

"Kiril Dunn" <kir...@nospam.bigpond.com> wrote in message

> I'm using ADOExpress to access an MSSQL 6.5 database, and get the error
> "Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation" when
> attempt to drop down the list of stored procedures in either a
> TADOStoredProc or a TADODataSet at design time.

> If I use a TADOQuery (or set the command type of the TADODataSet to Text)
> call the stored proc, everything works fine.

> Anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this?

> Kiril Dunn

Re:SQL 6.5 MDAC 2.5 Stored Proc problem

You need to run a script called instcat.sql, this updates some of the
catalogs to provide the information that OLE DB Needs. The script is on the
7.0 cd and I think 6.5 sp5a.

-Euan

> I'm using ADOExpress to access an MSSQL 6.5 database, and get the error
> "Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation" when
> attempt to drop down the list of stored procedures in either a
> TADOStoredProc or a TADODataSet at design time.

> If I use a TADOQuery (or set the command type of the TADODataSet to Text)
> call the stored proc, everything works fine.

> Anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this?

> Kiril Dunn

Re:SQL 6.5 MDAC 2.5 Stored Proc problem

Thank you, that fixed the problem

Kiril

Euan Garden <euan.gar...@spicedham.usa.net> wrote in message

> You need to run a script called instcat.sql, this updates some of the
> catalogs to provide the information that OLE DB Needs. The script is on
the
> 7.0 cd and I think 6.5 sp5a.

> -Euan

> "Kiril Dunn" <kir...@nospam.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using ADOExpress to access an MSSQL 6.5 database, and get the error
> > "Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation"
when
> > attempt to drop down the list of stored procedures in either a
> > TADOStoredProc or a TADODataSet at design time.

> > If I use a TADOQuery (or set the command type of the TADODataSet to
Text)
> > call the stored proc, everything works fine.

> > Anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this?

> > Kiril Dunn

Other Threads