closing datasets ?

should i close the datasets immmediately after posting or retrieving records
....., are there any table locking or performance issue if i keep all
datasets active ?

Re:closing datasets ?

Depending on what you are doing.
If you are doing a simple single user desktop app, then sure keep them
all open.

If you are doing a client / server app with multiple users, then I
always try to keep my queries closed.
There are however instances when you cannot help but keep them open,
i.e. DBGrids (but I tend to steer as far away from these as I can).

Other Threads