reinitializing the BDE (record locked by another user)

How do you reinitialise the BDE if your application crashes or you find you
cannot continue with debugging because of some error in the code.

At the moment if my application crashes for some reason while a record is
open for editing I cannot resart the application again without re-booting
my machine, otherwise, when I start it up again, I get an error message
"record locked by another user" or something similar.  I have all the
necessary calls placed in the destructor to the application but it I have
to just kill it in midstream because of some program error etc. it will not
exit through the destructor and the BDE "hangs!".  I would also like to be
able to fix this problem because it can sometimes come from out of the blue
as well.  In the constructor I already check for any .lck files and delete
them if I can, the BDE does not seem to be too neat about cleaning up after
itself!

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Trevor

Re:reinitializing the BDE (record locked by another user)

Close all BDE applications on the PC and delete the following files (if
present):
PDOXUSRS.NET, PDOXUSRS.LCK, PARADOX.LCK

"Trevor" <th...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> How do you reinitialise the BDE if your application crashes or you find
you
> cannot continue with debugging because of some error in the code.

> At the moment if my application crashes for some reason while a record is
> open for editing I cannot resart the application again without re-booting
> my machine, otherwise, when I start it up again, I get an error message
> "record locked by another user" or something similar.  I have all the
> necessary calls placed in the destructor to the application but it I have
> to just kill it in midstream because of some program error etc. it will
not
> exit through the destructor and the BDE "hangs!".  I would also like to be
> able to fix this problem because it can sometimes come from out of the
blue
> as well.  In the constructor I already check for any .lck files and delete
> them if I can, the BDE does not seem to be too neat about cleaning up
after
> itself!

> Any suggestions?

> thanks,