Delay after writing table

Hello,

I have some apps which create temp tables and fill it will transaction data
as needed. These apps
run flawlessly, except for some transactions the apps will delay for several
seconds after writing
the temp tables. On some slower machines of our users, it seems that the
system is hang. Any idea?

Many thanks

Gary Tse

Re:Delay after writing table

Gary Tse (NO_SPAM_TO_garyk...@hknet.com) wrote:

: I have some apps which create temp tables and fill it will transaction data
: as needed. These apps
: run flawlessly, except for some transactions the apps will delay for several
: seconds after writing
: the temp tables. On some slower machines of our users, it seems that the
: system is hang. Any idea?

You're not giving us much information on the working environment.
Some delay may be the physical writing of data to the hard drive.
If you have a virus checker that is checking for every file opened,
that's probably what's slowing things down.

If that's not it, tell us more.  Is this all running on a network?
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu

Re:Delay after writing table

I'm using Win95 with BDE 5.01 on standalone PCs, and at least one machine in
question is not equipped
with any kind of AV program. The delay occurs on specific transactions,
which have 50 - 60 detail items
(our table and field are not too big though). After stepping the program, I
founded that my apps pause
after the last update statement. But for other trans the app run fine. Our
apps are developed on D3.

Gary

Other Threads