Still having problems with newsgroup

There is still problem with Borland newsgroups that don't exist on any
others.  It usually works pretty good around 5:00 to 8:00 am eastern time.
But still slower than others.  Other times it is just a {*word*99} shoot as to
whether the news reader times out trying to connect.

Tis a shame as these newsgroups are so valuable when they are available.

Russ

Re:Still having problems with newsgroup

I know this has been said before, but are you using newsgroup.borland.com as the
server instead of forums?  I am on newsgroups from 9 am - 12 am off and on and
never have any problems with poor performance.  forums.borland.com has a bug in
the Netscape server software that is causing problems on that server.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.

Re:Still having problems with newsgroup

Greetings Russell,

  I had the exact same experience (in the East also) until I got the message
that it was necessary to "reinstall" the newsgroups using
newsgroups.borland.com.  Since then, no problems.

LH

Russell E. Holcomb <reholc...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> There is still problem with Borland newsgroups that don't exist on any
> others.  It usually works pretty good around 5:00 to 8:00 am eastern time.
> But still slower than others.  Other times it is just a {*word*99} shoot as to
> whether the news reader times out trying to connect.

> Tis a shame as these newsgroups are so valuable when they are available.

> Russ

Other Threads