Execute java code in Delphi

  I have a java applet that has some rather extensive code for
making certain calculations.  Is there any way to execute java
code within Delphi 4?  I was thinking of starting an invisible
Netscape or Explorer browser and making an end run that way.
It would be much easier, however, if there was a component or
some other way.

  Thanks.

Re:Execute java code in Delphi

Hi !

1. you could launch a separate program, calling "java MyClass" to
execute the java Program in a dos shell. I think starting netscape or IE
is a bit too much overhead here... Of course communication between the
java program and your delphi app is a problem then. So you might:

2. Deploy the java Class as a COM Component (you need MS J++ for this
job) and use this newly created activeX component in your Delphi App.
If this sounds too simple you could try

3. Deploy your java class as a CORBA Object (you might use JBuilder for
this) an access it from your Delphi app via an ORB (you could use
Visibroker which comes with Delphi and JBuilder Enterprise Editions)

regards, Thomas

GCS wrote:
>   I have a java applet that has some rather extensive code for
> making certain calculations.  Is there any way to execute java
> code within Delphi 4?  I was thinking of starting an invisible
> Netscape or Explorer browser and making an end run that way.
> It would be much easier, however, if there was a component or
> some other way.

>   Thanks.

Other Threads