WANTED: Compression source code in pascal.

Could anyone please tell me where I can obtain pascal source code for
compression algorithims.

Thanks.

Steve.

Re:WANTED: Compression source code in pascal.

Check the SWAG. They have a whole chapter on compression.

"Dr E. Buxbaum" <E...@le.ac.uk> wrote:

>Check the SWAG. They have a whole chapter on compression.

What's 'SWAG' ??

Na Shledanou by NataN

Dr E. Buxbaum (E...@le.ac.uk) wrote:

> Check the SWAG. They have a whole chapter on compression.

Nothing that's usable, though. SWAG in general has the problem that there
are lots of nice snippets, but no useful working code. That goes for at least
compression, encryption and serial i/o.
  Still, SWAG is a very nice initiative and offers a lot of information.

Stephan

:
: Nothing that's usable, though. SWAG in general has the problem that there
: are lots of nice snippets, but no useful working code. That goes for at least
: compression, encryption and serial i/o.
:   Still, SWAG is a very nice initiative and offers a lot of information.

Well, there is an LZSS unit in the SWAG stuff, which Chris Rankin and I have
extended considerably. The unit which we are working will soon be ready, and
it will compile for TP7, BPW, Delphi1, and Delphi2 (Dos, Dos DPMI, Win16 and
Win32). Chris converted all the 16-bit ASM to 32-bit assembler. Watch out
for the release of this unit! (freeware, with full source code). There is
all the normal Pascal stuff, and there is also a Pascal object (and Delphi
class) to encapsulate most of the stuff - and you can create archives as
well (like the ZIP stuff).

This should be released within the next 4 weeks or so ...

The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 2.91 for Win16 and Win32:
           Winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
           http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/chief.htm
           ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/install/chief291.zip
           ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief291.zip

In article <4v6jet...@news.space.net> Na...@c-edv.de (NataN) writes:
>"Dr E. Buxbaum" <E...@le.ac.uk> wrote:
>>Check the SWAG. They have a whole chapter on compression.
>What's 'SWAG' ??

SWAG is the SourceWare Archive Group, a huge collection of public doman
Turbo Pascal/Borland Pascal/Delphi source listings.  If you want to find out
more about it, point your browser to:

http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/swag.html

--
Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |
siny...@{*word*104}space.org | chaos and mayhem. . . .                      |

Re:WANTED: Compression source code in pascal.

In article <4v6jet...@news.space.net>, NataN <Na...@c-edv.de> wrote:

:What's 'SWAG' ??

 244318 Sep 4 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swag.zip
 swag.zip SWAG Reader + Information Files, SourceWare Archival Group

 495959 Oct 6 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swaga-c.zip
 swaga-c.zip SWAG Complete TP Code Package 1/5, all data upto 8/95

 1465752 Oct 6 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swagd-f.zip
 swagd-f.zip SWAG Complete TP Code Package 2/5, all data upto 8/95

 1447496 Oct 6 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swagg-m.zip
 swagg-m.zip SWAG Complete TP Code Package 3/5, all data upto 8/95

 470832 Oct 6 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swagn-r.zip
 swagn-r.zip SWAG Complete TP Code Package 4/5, all data upto 8/95

 1130948 Oct 6 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swags-z.zip
 swags-z.zip SWAG Complete TP Code Package 5/5, all data upto 8/95

 1120639 Nov 30 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swag9511.zip
 swag9511.zip SWAG: A huge library of PD Turbo Pascal code, 11/95 update

 979161 Feb 29 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swag9602.zip
 swag9602.zip SWAG: A huge library of PD Turbo Pascal code, 2/96 update

 1103645 May 31 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/swag9605.zip
 swag9605.zip SWAG: A huge library of PD Turbo Pascal code, 5/96 update

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:WANTED: Compression source code in pascal.

In article <321229b1.81768...@news.demon.co.uk>,

Steve Thompson <st...@dden.demon.co.uk> wrote:

: Could anyone please tell me where I can obtain pascal source code for
: compression algorithims.

Have a look on SimTel, I know they have a couple of LZH compressors in
Pascal.  (in the msdos/arcers section, possibly elsewhere as well)

Steve
--
 ____ ____
/ __//___ \  Steve Piner - spi...@comp.vuw.ac.nz

In article <4v516a$...@news1.hlc.net> joeja...@webworldinc.com (Joe Jared) writes:
>>Could anyone please tell me where I can obtain pascal source code for
>>compression algorithims.
>There is one version on my web site, but it's specifically designed to
>let you define the procs, and now portable to the following platforms:
>IBM 80x86
>Atari ST/TT/Falcon/Jaguar
>Super Nintendo
>As the latter 2 platforms are pretty much history, I only make them
>available by request.

There's a pretty darn good book on data compression with source that is
available here in the States.  You might want to surf to:

        http://www.clbooks.com

That's Computer Literacy Bookstores and even if they don't sell you the book
they are willing to help you find it.  I think it's called "Data Compression
Handbook."  Very informative.

Re:WANTED: Compression source code in pascal.

On Sat, 17 Aug 1996 18:57:19 GMT, joeja...@webworldinc.com (Joe Jared)
wrote:

>st...@dden.demon.co.uk (Steve Thompson) wrote:

>>Could anyone please tell me where I can obtain pascal source code for
>>compression algorithims.

>There is one version on my web site, but it's specifically designed to
>let you define the procs, and now portable to the following platforms:
>IBM 80x86
>Atari ST/TT/Falcon/Jaguar
>Super Nintendo

>As the latter 2 platforms are pretty much history, I only make them
>available by request.

OK, Could you please tell me the site ?

spi...@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Steve Piner) wrote:
>In article <321229b1.81768...@news.demon.co.uk>,
>Steve Thompson <st...@dden.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>: Could anyone please tell me where I can obtain pascal source code for
>: compression algorithims.

I have one accessable from my web page.

http://www.webworldinc.com/joejared/
ftp://webworldinc.com/joejared/