Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

Dear everyone,

I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

Cheers,
Kenneth Leung from Hong Kong

Re:Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

mkleu...@hkein.school.net.hk wrote:

: I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
: from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
: open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
: suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

Does your friend explicitly load any DLL he uses?

--

     CU Peter

     Peter Gritsch                              pe...@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at

     There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the
     chronicler's mind.
                   Douglas Adams, "So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish"

Re:Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

mkleu...@hkein.school.net.hk wrote:

> Dear everyone,

> I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
> from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
> open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
> suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

> Cheers,
> Kenneth Leung from Hong Kong

You use BWCC elements in your program without loading BWCC.DLL;
Simply write "uses BWCC" in your program, then it should work

Heiko

luet...@sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de

Re:Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

mkleu...@hkein.school.net.hk wrote:

: Dear everyone,
:
: I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
: from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
: open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
: suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

This is the old "BWCC" problem. Tell him to add BWCC to his USES clause -
and perhaps to call BWCCGetVersion at the beginning of his program.

The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 2.91 for Win16 and Win32:
           Winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
           http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/chief.htm

Re:Cannot run compiled .EXE outside the environment ...

mkleu...@hkein.school.net.hk wrote:
> Dear everyone,
> I have a friend using Borland Pascal for Windows. The .EXE files he compiled
> from his programs can only be executed when the Borland Pascal environment is
> open. They cannot be executed when the environment is closed. Could anybody
> suggest what my friend can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

  Your friend probably uses BWCC. In such case he has to include BWCC in
his 'uses' statement:
        uses BWCC;

> Cheers,
> Kenneth Leung from Hong Kong