BDE retrieving extra 1 byte in Oracle CLOB operation and oracle trigger problems

Hi

 I am using BDE 5.11 patch applied Delphi 5 version and Oracle 8.1.7
database in my project.

I am in difficulty in solving Tquery-CLOB operation.

BDE retrieves extra 1 byte if the length of CLOB data more than 8192
characters. Extra 1 byte is inserted at 8192nd character as a repetition
8192nd character.

is there any solution to this problem.

 The second question is that how I can handle TQuery component to initiate
Oracle triggers. Oracle Table triggers isn't considered corresponding Tquery
operations when I inserted or updated a record. Oracle Triggers are working
fine when I inserted or deleted in SQLPLUS.

Any help would be most appreciative...

emrullah

Re:BDE retrieving extra 1 byte in Oracle CLOB operation and oracle trigger problems

The best way to fix this bug in the BDE is to use a third party data access
component like DOA or ODAC. The other way is to programmatically delete this
extra byte until the BDE is fixed.

-Karl
PS. The BDE update in Delphi 6 attempts to fix this error by deleting the
last byte which only make the problem worse..

"Emrullah kaya" <ek...@fatih.edu.tr> wrote in message

> Hi

>  I am using BDE 5.11 patch applied Delphi 5 version and Oracle 8.1.7
> database in my project.

> I am in difficulty in solving Tquery-CLOB operation.

> BDE retrieves extra 1 byte if the length of CLOB data more than 8192
> characters. Extra 1 byte is inserted at 8192nd character as a repetition
> 8192nd character.

> is there any solution to this problem.

>  The second question is that how I can handle TQuery component to initiate
> Oracle triggers. Oracle Table triggers isn't considered corresponding
Tquery
> operations when I inserted or updated a record. Oracle Triggers are
working
> fine when I inserted or deleted in SQLPLUS.

> Any help would be most appreciative...

> emrullah

Other Threads