32bit BDE application executed from 16 bit application under Citrix Metaframe 1.8

Hi

I have a problem executing a 32 bit BDE application from a 16 bit program
with WinExec command under Citrix Metaframe 1.8 sp2 on a Win2000 server.

It works well on a stand alone Win2000 pc and also on a traditional Win2000
network but not when I use Citrix Metaframe, so i dont think it is a Win2000
core problem. I can start the 32 bit BDE application fra the desktop and
explorer but when I execute it from a 16 bit program it fails with "Borland
Database Engine not initialized".????

Anybody have any experience of the subject.

--

Jan Duelund
Admiral Software

Re:32bit BDE application executed from 16 bit application under Citrix Metaframe 1.8

"Jan Duelund" <j...@admiral.dk> wrote in message news:3af145df_2@dnews...
> Hi

> I have a problem executing a 32 bit BDE application from a 16 bit program
> with WinExec command under Citrix Metaframe 1.8 sp2 on a Win2000 server.

> It works well on a stand alone Win2000 pc and also on a traditional Win2000
> network but not when I use Citrix Metaframe, so i dont think it is a Win2000
> core problem. I can start the 32 bit BDE application fra the desktop and
> explorer but when I execute it from a 16 bit program it fails with "Borland
> Database Engine not initialized".????

> Anybody have any experience of the subject.

Not entirely, but is the BDE on the machine 16 bit or 32?  If its 16 , it'll never work.

Re:32bit BDE application executed from 16 bit application under Citrix Metaframe 1.8

It is Borland Database Engine 32 bit version 5.01

Jan Duelund
Admiral Software

"Jan Duelund" <j...@admiral.dk> wrote in message news:3af25edd$1_1@dnews...
> It is Borland Database Engine 32 bit version 5.01

What are the permissions for the BDE directory on the CITRIX Box?

Other Threads