Delphi 5 Pro WILL NOT work with WinXP Pro

According to the Microsoft tech I just spoke to, several people have been
unable to run Delphi 5 Pro with Win XP Pro, even though Delphi 5 Pro works
just fine with XP Home Edition.

Can anyone refute this. Is there anyone who is successfully running D5 under
XP Pro?

Re:Delphi 5 Pro WILL NOT work with WinXP Pro

I use D5 op XP Pro and it works OK. Only the components of  DTalk
(text-to-speech) hang my system somtimes. But that happend in D7 too.
Customers of me have more problems with XP then with W98. For example
sometimes XP is extemely slow in a network with no explanation. W98 then
runs fine. Sometimes application hang on XP but not on W98.

"Bob Richardson" <b...@pleasenospam.whidbey.com> schreef in bericht

> According to the Microsoft tech I just spoke to, several people have been
> unable to run Delphi 5 Pro with Win XP Pro, even though Delphi 5 Pro works
> just fine with XP Home Edition.

> Can anyone refute this. Is there anyone who is successfully running D5
under
> XP Pro?

Re:Delphi 5 Pro WILL NOT work with WinXP Pro

I use Delphi 5 Pro on Win XP Pro !! No problems here !!

What are the error messages that come up when using it ?

"Bob Richardson" <b...@pleasenospam.whidbey.com> wrote in message

> According to the Microsoft tech I just spoke to, several people have been
> unable to run Delphi 5 Pro with Win XP Pro, even though Delphi 5 Pro works
> just fine with XP Home Edition.

> Can anyone refute this. Is there anyone who is successfully running D5
under
> XP Pro?

Re:Delphi 5 Pro WILL NOT work with WinXP Pro

Well i can answer some of that.
#1.
XP likes the cache  network items if possible. sometimes read a whole
folder from another PC. on the lan, this some times causes a bottle neck for
you.
#2.
 Xp uses the W2k Memory handing., where some bugs in free'd file,Multimedia
and memory handles being re'used by misstake would not show a problem
in 98 but starting with W2k it would
  and this is because before W2k when the OS reclaimed its memory from apps
freeing it it would put it at the bottom this new memory would always be issued
to the next request, in the case of an app on an OS before W2k accessing one of
these
items you many times could get away with it because the data contents were still

valid ..
 Starting with W2k, reclaimed memory is issued out to the next request. this
saves from page swapping and is suppose to make it more efficient..
 how ever does cause alot of errors that you thought you never had appear.
 becuse the memory is getting used else where ..

Ronald van der Pas wrote:

> I use D5 op XP Pro and it works OK. Only the components of  DTalk
> (text-to-speech) hang my system somtimes. But that happend in D7 too.
> Customers of me have more problems with XP then with W98. For example
> sometimes XP is extemely slow in a network with no explanation. W98 then
> runs fine. Sometimes application hang on XP but not on W98.

> "Bob Richardson" <b...@pleasenospam.whidbey.com> schreef in bericht
> > According to the Microsoft tech I just spoke to, several people have been
> > unable to run Delphi 5 Pro with Win XP Pro, even though Delphi 5 Pro works
> > just fine with XP Home Edition.

> > Can anyone refute this. Is there anyone who is successfully running D5
> under
> > XP Pro?

Re:Delphi 5 Pro WILL NOT work with WinXP Pro

D5Pro and XPPro work fine for me.  I've even built and debugged DLLs that
run in process with AutoCAD.

"Bob Richardson" <b...@pleasenospam.whidbey.com> wrote in message

> According to the Microsoft tech I just spoke to, several people have been
> unable to run Delphi 5 Pro with Win XP Pro, even though Delphi 5 Pro works
> just fine with XP Home Edition.

> Can anyone refute this. Is there anyone who is successfully running D5
under
> XP Pro?

Re:Delphi 5 Pro WILL NOT work with WinXP Pro

I believe my D5/XP Pro problems have something to do with my video driver. I
have an ATI Radeon 32MB DDR video card.

"Rick Francken" <r...@steeldetails.com> wrote in message

> D5Pro and XPPro work fine for me.  I've even built and debugged DLLs that
> run in process with AutoCAD.

> "Bob Richardson" <b...@pleasenospam.whidbey.com> wrote in message
> > According to the Microsoft tech I just spoke to, several people have
been
> > unable to run Delphi 5 Pro with Win XP Pro, even though Delphi 5 Pro
works
> > just fine with XP Home Edition.

> > Can anyone refute this. Is there anyone who is successfully running D5
> under
> > XP Pro?

Other Threads