Using a custom cursor

I have a cursor ready in a .cur file, but I can't seem to convince Delphi to
show it.
I've tried to set Screen.Cursor to the TCursor object which was assigned
with LoadCursor,
but it didn't do anything...

Any example code available?

Re:Using a custom cursor

BeyondContol Inc. <beyondcont...@runbox.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
9fsrer$ja...@news.netvision.net.il...

> I have a cursor ready in a .cur file, but I can't seem to convince Delphi
> show it.
> I've tried to set Screen.Cursor to the TCursor object which was assigned
> with LoadCursor,
> but it didn't do anything...

> Any example code available?

See OH for how to load an embedded cursor. You have to save it in a
resource file therefore.
If you'd like to load the external CUR file, use LoadCursorFromFile
function instead of LoadCursor.

HTH
--
Florian Haag
ICQ: 114504497

Re:Using a custom cursor

I think that custom cursors should be stored as resources; not as separate
files.  Cursors are the sort of thing that "belong with" the EXE that uses
them.

Sundial Services International, Inc. <i...@sundialservices.com> schrieb in
im Newsbeitrag: info-1006010915210...@slip-32-102-36-93.ca.us.prserv.net...

> I think that custom cursors should be stored as resources; not as separate
> files.  Cursors are the sort of thing that "belong with" the EXE that uses
> them.

I don't know what project "BeyondControl Inc." was talking of.
Maybe he/she wants to ship several CUR files with his/her app
and include a "choose another CUR file dialog" that would force
him/her to use external files as users could also decide to use
one their own CUR files.

Regards