Can I tell delphi not to redraw the window until I am done doing what I want

cmacken...@mail.ips.ca,Usenet disse:
<<Is there a way to keep delphi from repainting the screen until I am

>done hiding all of them, you know how delphi is, it repaints the
>screen every time you change even one control!

I didn't try, but how about eating the paint message in the Form's
WndProc ?

the delphi help says:

"If you override WndProc in your own components to provide specialized
to dispatch any other messages."

so, while changing the form's appearence, don't call the inherited
WndProc when the message is WM_PAINT.

Hope this helps.

Walter Itamar Mourao
<wal...@wim.com.br>