MSSQL native drivers and a trusted connection

How can I create a trusted connection (where authentication is done using
the users network login)  using Delphi4 C/S  and the current MS SQL Native
driver.

We used to be able to put a space in the login field and this signaled a
trusted connection, but this doesn't appear to work now.

Re:MSSQL native drivers and a trusted connection

Travis Reno wrote in message <6po2ev$h...@forums.borland.com>...
>How can I create a trusted connection (where authentication is done using
>the users network login)  using Delphi4 C/S  and the current MS SQL Native
>driver.

>We used to be able to put a space in the login field and this signaled a
>trusted connection, but this doesn't appear to work now.

I'm not sure about the MS SQL Native driver, but with the Native Ole DB
provider for SQL Server 7 (beta 3) via ADO, you specify in the connection
string "Integrated Security=SSPI"

So for instance, the connection string might be:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=MyServer;Integrated Security=SSPI

As I type I get the feeling you're not talking about ADO or version 7.0.
Sorry if I'm not helping in your case.

Jim

Other Threads