Multiple queries displaying multiple fields

Multiple queries can be used for a same form, but they only display one
column from each queried table. Does anyone knows any way to do multiple
queries and display multiple colums from different tables in the same form.

Re:Multiple queries displaying multiple fields

On Fri, 28 May 1999 14:19:35 -0500, "John Guzman" <jguz...@docpublish.com>
wrote:

>Multiple queries can be used for a same form, but they only display one
>column from each queried table. Does anyone knows any way to do multiple
>queries and display multiple colums from different tables in the same form.

How many columns comprise a result set is dependent on the SQL statement
used. Specifically, the columns list of the SELECT clause. In the statement
below, for example, three columns are returned.

  SELECT CustNo, Company, State
  FROM Customer

What do your statements look like?

It is possible to limit the availability of columns on the application
side, even if an SQL statement returns all of the columns. One way is by
only creating one persistent field object for each dataset. And, how many
columns are displayed can depend on the type of visual control used to
display them. A TDBEdit component can only display the value from one
column while a TDBGrid can display multiple columns.

Steve Koterski                    "My problem lies in reconciling my gross
Technical Publications            habits with my net income."
INPRISE Corporation                             -- Errol Flynn (1909-1959)
http://www.borland.com/delphi

Other Threads