Slow performance using BDE 5.01 with some language drivers

Within Paradox I make a query about a table with 100'000 records. The only
field I select is an alphanumeric field. If I sort this field the query
tooks about 20 - 30 seconds. Using the BDE 4.51 the same query on the same
table tooks only one or two seconds.

I use the language driver ANSIINTL. I have tried others, but there is the
same problem if the sort order is not dictionary.

Corel has found this bug with BDE 5.01 and forwardet it to Inprise. In the
meantime they came BDE 5.1 and 5.1.1. But the bus is not fixed.

When it will be done?

Daniel