Intercept changes in TClientDataSet.Fields...

Hi all,
I 'm designing a BO that is a descendant od a TClientDataSet, and I'd like
to perform custom checks on the values of the fields directly inside this
object. Where can I intercept the change of a value in a TField to do that?
Any help or suggestion is welcome.
J.

Re:Intercept changes in TClientDataSet.Fields...

Hi Jonathan,

>Where can I intercept the change of a value in a TField to do that?

Override this method of TClientDataSet:

    procedure SetFieldData(Field: TField; Buffer: Pointer); override;

=Bill

Re:Intercept changes in TClientDataSet.Fields...

PS.

You can also evaluate all fields prior to posting by overriding the

TClientDataSet.DoBeforePost    method.

=Bill

jonathan <gobbac...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
> I 'm designing a BO that is a descendant od a TClientDataSet, and I'd like
> to perform custom checks on the values of the fields directly inside this
> object. Where can I intercept the change of a value in a TField to do
that?
> Any help or suggestion is welcome.
> J.

Other Threads