Open one database table for reading

When I open a database table which has referential integrity to other
tables, the database files for the other tables are opened also. Is there a
way to open only the database file for the desired table when I only want
to read values from that table. I think opening referential integrity files
isn't necessary when I only want to read the file. If this is possible,
this will speed up my application a
lot.
--
Marco Zuiderwijk
M.Zuiderw...@priva.nl

Re:Open one database table for reading

No.  The BDE will open the realated tables and there is no way to prevent
it.

--
Bill

Re:Open one database table for reading

That's why some of us still use cranky old dBase.  The down side is that
when I
need referential integrity, I have to code it in.

--
Brandon C. Smith
http://www.synature.com

Brandon C. Smith wrote:

> That's why some of us still use cranky old dBase.  The down side is that
> when I
> need referential integrity, I have to code it in.

> --
> Brandon C. Smith
> http://www.synature.com
> newsread...@synature.com
> Marco Zuiderwijk wrote in message <01bd62ba$8cb5b680$cd7801c0@marco>...
> >When I open a database table which has referential integrity to other
> >tables, the database files for the other tables are opened also. Is there a
> >way to open only the database file for the desired table when I only want
> >to read values from that table. I think opening referential integrity files
> >isn't necessary when I only want to read the file. If this is possible,
> >this will speed up my application a
> >lot.
> >--
> >Marco Zuiderwijk
> >M.Zuiderw...@priva.nl

Hello,
  If you used BDE 4.51 and dBASE 7 tables you would not have to code
it...

Scott
--
BDE Support: