Using 5.02 IDE with a Samba server

I am using the 5.02 IDE with source files stored on a Linux box
running Samba 2.0.6. The IDE keeps displaying:
"Date/Time of disk file xyz has changed. Reload from disk?"
after I save a file and then go to re-edit it without closing
the edit window.
The Samba docs mention a similar problem with Visual C++ and I
have tried the various config changes (Dos filetimes, Fake
Directory Create Times and Dos Filetime resolution) to no avail.
Have also tried turning oplocks off incase BC++ is caching.

It would appear the IDE is storing the last modified time in memory and it is somehow out of sync with the actual time reported by Samba.

Does anyone know of a solution either with SAMBA or the IDE?