Upgrading from Delphi 2.0 Client/Server Suite to Delphi 5.0 Professional

Hi,

I'm not quite sure if I'm in the correct newsgroup - nevertheless...
I am using Delphi 2.0 Client Server Suite for database applications
using Visual FoxPro as a database.
I consider a version update to Delphi 5.0 Professional Edition - which
is a quantum jump.
Does anybody know if I will probably have to redesign my whole sources
or if only minor changes are required?
Any information from Delphi available (I have searched but didn't find
anything that fits)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Uwe Goersch

(u...@hbh.net)

  uwe.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Upgrading from Delphi 2.0 Client/Server Suite to Delphi 5.0 Professional

In article <38142F1D.84EDB...@hbh.net>, Uwe G?rsch wrote:
> I consider a version update to Delphi 5.0 Professional Edition - which
> is a quantum jump.
> Does anybody know if I will probably have to redesign my whole sources
> or if only minor changes are required?

Probably only minor changes.

FWIW, I only upgrade existing projects on an 'as need' basis. Take your
current project and migrate that and maintain your others on D2 until you
are comfortable with D5.

You will get answers here for any specific problems that you meet.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03/5.00)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Other Threads