Midi files as blob fields?

I'm writing a database that stores music script, lyrics and a midi
file of the tunes. I'd like to store all this info into my .db file
rather than having 4 or 5 hundred .mid files on the cd rom.

Can I store midi files in as blob field and then play them back.

The Mediaplayer seems to need a filename ...

Thanks

Re:Midi files as blob fields?

Hi Don,

Take a good look at TBlobStream.

Roy... TRoy a better class of developer.

Don Walsh wrote in message <34475f2c.6755...@news.thezone.net>...

>I'm writing a database that stores music script, lyrics and a midi
>file of the tunes. I'd like to store all this info into my .db file
>rather than having 4 or 5 hundred .mid files on the cd rom.

>Can I store midi files in as blob field and then play them back.

>The Mediaplayer seems to need a filename ...

>Thanks

Other Threads