Delphi 3.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone knows more about the following:

In all my database applications that talk to a MS SQL Server 6.5
database, I use TQuery components to talk to the server. I use only
one TDatabase component and open only one connection to the server.
But using SQL Trace it shows that my application automatically opens
another connection to the server behind the scenes. Why is this?
It always shows two connections, never three or more. And I'm not
talking about any connections the IDE opens in design mode if you set
TDatabase.Connected to true. This second connections seems to be used
by the BDE to do background querying, but I don't like it doing stuff
I don't ask it to do.

I am using Delphi 3.0 professional on NT Workstation.

Julian van Tubbergh