D3/Access: Need Support for Access 97/DAO3.5/GUID types

BORLAND:

We need support for Access 97, DAO 3.5 *AND* most importantly, the GUID
datatype in Access. At the moment, trying to open any table that uses the
GUID type just totally {*word*88}s the BDE. This means we can't use replication
etc.

I hope this can be expected before too long...

regards,

--
Brad Aisa     web archive: http://www.interlog.com/~baisa/
email (anti-spam encoded): baisa"AT SYMBOL"interlog.com

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Re:D3/Access: Need Support for Access 97/DAO3.5/GUID types

I am also interested in an update for the MSACCESS driver. It should be
a relatively simple process as the Jet 30 engine, and Jet 35 engine are
pretty similar ( and backwardly compatible ) with respect to Access
Databases.

I have been checking on the BDE page at Borland, but have seen nothing.
I would like to know if an update is pending.

Perhaps if anyone knows they could contact me with some info.

Brad Aisa wrote:
> BORLAND:

> We need support for Access 97, DAO 3.5 *AND* most importantly, the
> GUID
> datatype in Access. At the moment, trying to open any table that uses
> the
> GUID type just totally {*word*88}s the BDE. This means we can't use
> replication
> etc.

> I hope this can be expected before too long...

> regards,

> --
> Brad Aisa     web archive: http://www.interlog.com/~baisa/
> email (anti-spam encoded): baisa"AT SYMBOL"interlog.com

> "The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
> guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Other Threads