need a more powerful Sqrt function

The Pascal sqrt function only handles real numbers and I need one that can
handle BIG ones.  I wrote  a function that would work if I had a trunc or round
function that could handle more than real numbers, but otherwise it would be
toooooo slow.  So if anyway has a sqrt or trunc function they wrote or could
tell me how to write one that can handle at least DOUBLE or even better. thank
you.

--
The Crow - thec...@iconn.net
"It can't rain all the time"

Re:need a more powerful Sqrt function

thec...@iconn.net (The Crow) wrote:
>The Pascal sqrt function only handles real numbers and I need one that can
>handle BIG ones.  I wrote  a function that would work if I had a trunc or round
>function that could handle more than real numbers, but otherwise it would be
>toooooo slow.  So if anyway has a sqrt or trunc function they wrote or could
>tell me how to write one that can handle at least DOUBLE or even better. thank
>you.

>--
>The Crow - thec...@iconn.net
>"It can't rain all the time"

If you need something to find square roots, try newtons
algorigthm.  It converges to the root with good accuracy in
very few iterations.

If you can't find a reference, ask and I can send you an
example.

Other Threads